Happy Happy Day Everyone! Today is one of my absolute favorites: Booty Burn! We all love to round out that rear especially with Spring Break and summer on it’s way. All moves can be done without any equipment which is a huge bonus. Go work up that sweat and give today all you’ve got!!
Before Getting Started
Before starting today’s program, take a few minutes to read through these tips that will help with your form and protect your spine.
- Warm up and cool down!!!
- Keep chest upright and shoulders back
- While performing squats, keep weight in heels and drive up through heels. It’s less about how low you can drop your tailbone towards the floor and more about proper mechanics.
- While performing step ups, check to make sure your foot is completely on bench or box (this includes your heel!). Drive up through your heel and lower yourself back down safely.
- While performing lunges, keep 70% of weight in front heel. As you lunge forward, (pull back leg forward) gently push through the ball/toes of back foot and life your weight through the heel of the front foot.
- While performing abdominal exercises, keep neck relaxed to relieve any stress on placed on cervical vertebrae.
- Walk at least 5 minutes to warm up leg muscles
Lower Body and Booty
- Squats: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Step Back Lunge: 3 sets, 12-15 reps each leg (perform one leg at a time)
- Crusty Lunge: 3 sets, 12-15 reps each leg (perform one leg at a time)
- Marching Hip Bridge: 3 sets, 20 reps (hold bridge position and lift/march knees)
- Step Ups: 3 sets, 12-15 reps (on comfortable bench or box)
- Walking Lunges: 2 sets, 20 reps
*To add a challenge to the above exercise, minus hip bridges, grab a pair of dumbbells to add extra weight!
- Sit Ups on Ball: 20-25
- In and Outs: 20-25
- Leg Raises: 15-20
- Mason Twist: 25-50 (Hold fee up and/or old weighted ball or free weight for added challenge)
- Mountain Climbers: 25-50
- Take 5-10 minutes to stretch lower body muscles
- Or, my personal favorite, if you have access to a foam roller, use it!!
Great Job!!! I know booty and legs is hard work, but you made it through! You’ve been doing so well so be sure to check in for tomorrow’s amazing workout! I promise you’re going to love it!